As we prepare for the new Swanston Library in 2017 there’ll be some changes over summer. From Monday 28 November Level 5 of Swanston Library will be closed with Library services and collections being consolidated on Level 6. So what does that mean for you?
- The entrance to the Library will be on Level 6, so you’ll need to take the lift or the escalator up one extra level.
- The service desk will be relocated to Level 6. We’ll still be providing the same helpful service, just from a different location.
- All the current book, journal and audiovisual items will be available on Level 6, except for the items in the Special Collections room which will be unavailable.
- The reserve collection (4 hour loan material) will be moved to Level 6 and filed with the main book collection.
- You’ll be able to return your Library materials at the service desk on Level 6 and also via the returns box on Level 2 of Building 8 (near Swanston St). The returns chutes on Level 5 will be closed.
- The slide collection has moved to Carlton Library.
You’ll still be able to:
- photocopy and print
- use group study rooms and the silent area
- use pcs (but not Macs)
- get help from librarians
We are committed to providing you with the best possible service as we make the changes. Carlton Library is located close by in Building 94, if you would prefer to study in an alternative location. There are also lots of other places around the University which provide interesting study spaces.
For more information about the NAS project.
We are sorry for any inconvenience in the short term and we are looking forward to sharing the new Swanston Library with you in 2017.